One of the biggest video sharing website YouTube added the ability to add subtitles and captions to videos some time ago. Why did this extremely popular website introduce the auto caption and subtitle feature?
The medical transcription market is expected to reach $60 million in 2019 (from $41.4 million in 2012).
This is because, today; content is consumed online – via written text, videos and also via audio files. For businesses it is definitely a smart move to dish out content across all these mediums so that a wider and a diverse audience can consume it. This is why transcribing podcast video and audio files have become so commonplace today. That this strategy is absolutely worthwhile and will earn you a better reach and hence help you gain big business benefits. How? Read on to know
- Some people simply prefer reading, instead of watching a podcast video or audio file. Transcribed text for media files enables such people enjoy accessing information the way they like.
- Besides if you miss something while listening to an audio or video file, no need to go back and listen again or wait eternally while the file buffers. It is easy to refer to the missed portion from the transcribed content.
- A video or podcast that is put into words makes it consumable for those who cannot watch or listen. This includes, not only those who have hearing disabilities, but also those do not have or cannot keep the sound in their devices turned on.
- A written transcript of your podcast allows putting clickable links that can direct the visitor to another podcast for more information or can lead your potential clients to your website from where they might contact you. And this means business!!
- Podcast accompanied by a written transcript is also a sign of professionalism. It just goes on to show that you are serious about your content and are ready to put in efforts in order to provide it to your audience in a way they would like to consume. So definitely your company cares a whole lot more about customer satisfaction and hence will deliver the best.
- When any line spoken in a video is typed into Google, it might not return that particular podcast in the results, however if your audio and video files are accompanied by word to word transcription text it becomes easy to search for your content and find it through search engines.
- Driving the above mentioned point forward, if you want to optimize your content for search engines, putting up your content in words i.e. transcription is the key. If there is a specific topic that you are talking about in your podcast, it will not be identified by search engines, however if it is in a text format, it will be crawled through and indexed by search engines. Written text can be effectively used as a part of your SEO strategy to promote your content and garner a greater audience.
There is real value to transcribing your video and podcasts. These small efforts will make all the difference, and bring visitors – potential customers to you.
You invest very little in getting an audio/video/podcast transcribed, but the benefits you avail in return help your gain big time, and it’s worth every penny you spend.
About the Author:
Ritesh Sanghani is a Director at Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services for the past 15 years. Ritesh has worked with several international clients and has executed BPO projects of varying scales and complexities.