Capgemini is one of the world’s leading management consulting, outsourcing, technology and local professional services company having its operations spread across North America, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific region. The company was founded in the year 1967 and is headquartered in Paris, France.
They employ more than 120,000 professionals across the world and have 35,000 people working across seven cities in India.
Capgemini’s outsourcing offering includes:
- Application outsourcing: Services intended to improve the operating efficiency of clients by providing IT services at lesser cost.
- Business process outsourcing: They help clients to transform their business by providing outsourcing services for front and back-end functions. They integrate tools, analytics and experts to help clients improve their business performance and gain a competitive advantage. Capgemini offers BPO services for:
- Finance and accounting: They streamline the process of F&A for the clients.
- Customer operations management: Maintain customer database and analyze them to improve the operational performance.
- Knowledge process outsourcing: Their deep domain knowledge on various industries provide clients with in-depth knowledge on market changes and help them to enhance their productivity.
- Procurement: by outsourcing the procurement activities, the clients are ensured of better control and compliance as well as a reduction in cost.
- Social media management: They provide strategies to improve customer experience by managing customer feedback on products and services through social media channels.
- Supply chain management: they help in bringing operational efficiency for the supply chain operations.
- Management assurance services: They provide compliance and audit support services for clients on a cost-effective basis.
Their services are extended to various industry verticals including aerospace and defense, automotive, financial, life science, manufacturing, public sector, retailing, telecom and media/entertainment sector.
The executive committee of Capgemini is headed by CEO Paul Hermalin. Nicolos Dufourcq is the CFO and Pierre-Yves Cros is the head of the Capgemini consulting. Hubert Giraud leads the Business Process Outsourcing business unit while marketing and communication is headed by Philippe Grangeon. Indian operations are led by Aruna Jayanthi.
Capgemini was awarded the SAP pinnacle awards 2012 for quality excellence and they are the leaders in Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAP applications service providers and for finance and accounting BPO.
Capgemini has outperformed during the year 2011-2012 financial year. The revenue went by 11.4%, and operating margin was up by 7.4%. Their cash position as on 2011 is € 454 million and has shown a steady increase since 2010. They plan to go for more acquisitions worldwide in the future, and as part of extending their service mix, they have added mobile service to their offerings.