- Anchor Companies play a major role in attracting numerous other companies and foster a cluster-specific collaboration which results in generation of employment in these cluster areas in non-metro cities.
- Anchor Companies in the BPO sector are those which support cluster development by acting as a magnet for other companies in this sector and producing numerous spinoff companies which strengthen key elements of the cluster.
- In addition to the incentives & concessions offered in this Policy, a separate set of incentives will be worked out by the SLSWA/HLC on a case-to-case basis, to encourage Anchor Companies to establish their activities in non-metro cities and synergies the cluster-effect in these areas.
- A unique, tailor-made programme for undertaking training in domain-specific areas, particularly in non-metro cities, will be offered to Anchor Companies set up in small cities.
- The Government of Karnataka has proposed to set up a SEZ at Hassan, which is midway between Bangalore and Mangalore on NH-48. The proposals approved in respect of the Hassan SEZ are detailed in G.O. CI 94 SPI 2001 dated 19th April 2001 and 20th October 2001.
- The Government is also proposing to convert the existing Export Promotion Industrial Park at Whitefield, Bangalore, and the proposed Export Promotion Industrial Park at Mangalore (under implementation) into SEZ. The Government may also consider establishing of SEZs in other parts of the State.
- BPO units set up in SEZs are specifically delineated duty-free enclaves treated as a foreign territory for the purpose of industrial, service and trade operations, with exemption from customs duties and a more liberal regime in respect of other levies. To promote foreign investment and other transactions, domestic regulations, restrictions and infrastructure inadequacies are sought to be eliminated in the SEZs for creating a hassle-free environment.