- The State is committed to provide the highest level of security for the operations of BPO companies. The State has already launched an Anti-piracy programme and created a high level committee under the chairmanship of the Home Minister to combat Piracy. The Department takes very serious note of the employees violating data security, confidentiality of documents, non-disclosure agreements, etc. To further strengthen the position of the State, a comprehensive legislation will be formulated to combat such cyber crimes.
- To promote the investor friendly environment within the knowledge based industry, the State accords the highest priority to the servicing of BPO companies in Karnataka. The State has a Single-Window clearance mechanism. The high level committee that clears large projects is headed by the Chief Minister of Karnataka. The State-Level Single- Window Agency that seeks to facilitate the speedy disposal of all the proposals is headed by the Chief Secretary of the State.
- The Department of IT has set up Karnataka Biotechnology & Information Technology services. This organisation assists companies in selecting a location and in obtaining Government incentives & concessions. It helps identify quality manpower resources, as well as resolves the problems, if any, of BPO companies with any other government departments.
- A high-powered Cell will be constituted in KBITS which will promote investment in BPO companies in the State. This Cell will provide all the information regarding the investor climate, incentives & concessions, availability of manpower, advice on location, etc. in the State. It will provide specific information to companies based on their specific needs. This market friendly cell will participate in various national & International conferences to provide such information.
- It is proposed to participate and promote the investment in BPO companies at the national & international level. For this purpose, the high-powered cell headed by the IT Secretary will participate in major national & international exhibitions, conferences and summits in North & South America, Europe, Australia and Asian Countries.