March 2, 2012: Call centers are an integral part of the Business Process Outsourcing industry that serves client organizations by providing inbound and outbound call services, perform sales activities and in some cases even perform marketing functions. Call centers also helps the companies by collecting valuable information from the customers which helps the clients to serve their customer in a better way. The primary responsibility of the call centers is to handle inbound and outbound calls. Professional call center service providers determine call center needs, predict customer behavior and perform necessary operations during customer interactions.
Outsourcing inbound and outbound calls to third party service providers will free up the resources of the company and will help in directing it to core business functions that will increase the revenue. While the initial investment in the case of call center outsourcing is high, the long term benefits from outsourcing will help in recovering the initial investment over the period of time.
There are many advantages with outsourcing call center functions. Five important advantages that the company should consider while outsourcing are given below.
- Freeing up labor: By outsourcing call center functions to a third party service provider, the organization will be able to utilize the employees for productive purposes rather than attending or making calls. The advantage is mainly two fold, the expert service provider will bring in cost savings and customer satisfaction and the human resource with the company can be used for more productive purposes which increases the revenue.
- Saves server space: In the case of performing the call center function in-house, the companies need to maintain dedicated servers for the purpose. The server itself is expensive and even costly software and applications are required to operate the software. The service provider will set up the server and use software and applications to serve the clients. The clients can interact with the service providers over the internet and the information of the customers can also be accessed by the clients. So the client need not invest in the server and software and is also free of maintenance.
- Can reduce customer dissatisfaction: The third party service providers will have highly trained customer service executives who will serve the customers better. This leads to better customer experience and reduced customer dissatisfaction. If the company runs an in-house call center, it needs to train the employees, which require resources such as time and money.
- Adhering to the rules and regulations: The third party service providers are professionals and will comply with the rules and regulations set up by the government. This reduces the risk of penalty and fines for the client organization.
- Enhancing quality: If the third party service provider is a professional organization, the call center executives will work according to the goals set by the client organization. This will ensure high quality of service and will lead to success of the project.