How does Business Intelligence (BI) help in BPO?
Business Intelligence (BI) is a proven approach for achieving sustainable business process improvement.
You can supply significant business value to your clients by deploying BI in your BPO. Business intelligence is the proven technique for achieving a significant business impact — from enhancing the top line to discovering new ways to reduce the bottom line; from trend analysis to customer retention; from revenue to expenses; from analytics on recruitment to retention; and constant benefit analysis.
Key benefits of integrating Business Intelligence in BPO:
- Discover profits: The profits from savings in operational costs after implementing BI can generally exceed BI investment itself in a relatively short period.
- Beyond Reporting: BI lets you watch in near real-time the performance across multiple campaigns across multiple regions through a single dashboard. Receive automated alerts as soon as a variance is generated in a process. Get accurate updates and information by integrating mobility kit with BI.
- Track where your data is going. Get alerted in near real-time as soon as security is breached.
- You can prove that you are delivering and possibly exceeding the mutually agreed upon business value by continuously monitoring different SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Accurately forecast business conditions to take proactive decisions using powerful predictive analysis tools
- A BI solution can even analyze the recorded voice data and automatically generate reports on performance measures.
- Reduce executive workload. Increase overall organizational output and employee efficiency
- Reduce the risks of the BPO function
- Reduce risks for all parties by enabling continuous monitoring of the outsourced business process
- Automatically deliver the right information to the right people at the right time
- Know precisely. The powerful and intuitive analytics and reporting tools of BI can automatically alert you of the discrepancies even in the ability and efficiency of a particular staff member.
- Powerful trend analysis of customer behavior and stock movement. This lets you deliver right products to the right regions and avoid dead stocks.
- Optimize the Why, Where, When and How of every process.
- Achieve sustainable business process improvement.
- Establish confidence in your clients that process effectiveness and control will not be lost.
- Client company can reduce the costs of related retained business processes.
- Give more productivity to the outsourcing company’s retained staff.
- You do not have to customize every proposal as a BPO supplier. At a minimum, you could simply integrate the existing business intelligence packages into a basic data-warehousing environment.
A BPO with business intelligence deployment is looked upon much favorably by key executives of outsourcing companies, as they now prefer outsourcing entire business functions than just the IT part. This is why business intelligence is a critical component for all BPO proposals.
Enterprise Performance Management becomes much simpler to implement with a business intelligence solution. As soon as the BPO function discovers a variance in expected business performance, a well-developed business intelligence environment would be able to send an e-mail to the appropriate leaders within all companies, so they can focus on improving overall service-level performance.
Courtesy: Business Objects