Over the last decade, global business process outsourcing industry has matured from delivering simple voice services to complex Big Data analytics services. Today companies view outsourcing service providers as business partners who help them to transform their business outcomes. Growing adoption of outsourcing services by companies to even manage their core management process is giving a new perspective to the global sourcing industry. The industry can be called as Business Process Management (BPM) industry considering its changing role in the management of a company. Sourcing industry is undergoing a sea change and so new trends in BPM are evolving as well.
Top 8 trends in BPM to watch for in the year 2012
- The business process management service providers’ focus will be on enhancing the customer experience. The BPM companies will further strive to improve the customer delivery service by minimizing cost, increasing the speed to market and agility and improving the competitive edge of the clients.
- The primary goal of BPM adopters will remain cost savings and process efficiency, but an increasing numbers of BPM buyers will strive to attain flexibility in their process and achieve agility too.
- There will be increasing adoption of cloud computing services by the companies. Business process as a Service or platform based services which provide the clients with the flexibility to use IT infrastructure on a pay-per-use-model will be in high demand. Owing to the demand for platform based service, many Indian BPM service providers expanded their platform-based service delivery offerings.
- There will be increasing demand for domain based BPM services. There will be a strong demand for business process management services from BFSI sector. The healthcare reforms in US will drive more business for BPM service providers engaged in offering services for insurance services, medical transcription services, IT services and compliance and regulatory services.
- Usage of social media platforms by BPM providers as a means of customer engagement tools. The BPM providers engaged in providing voice services are integrating email, instant messaging, SMS and social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Google+ into their offerings.
- Uncertainty in the economic condition is driving more and more companies to adopt business process management service. This is because the companies are looking BPM services as a way to reduce their operational costs.
- The demand for Big Data Analytics services is growing. More and more companies are looking forward to analytics as a service to remain competitive in the business world. Analytics services will help the companies to uncover the trend and preferences of the consumers by interpretation of the huge data that is being generated every day.
- Sourcing of BPM services from onshore and near-shore destination will increase. UK government is encouraging global BPM service providers to set up their delivery centers in the country and thus generating local employment. Similarly, US government is also encouraging near-shoring by awarding contracts to companies like IBM, Accenture which have near shore presence.