- New media outsourcing to India picks upToday with the rise of Social Networks spanning across continents, the world has become ever more connected than before. The World’s number one Social Network Facebook has around 600 Million users now which is almost 30-35 % of the total world population and it is estimated that the number will only go up in the coming years. The online social media has now become the best platform for business promotion and awareness spreading campaigns as it opens up the largest possible audience in the world.
- Hexaware signs Mega Outsourcing Deal worth $177 MillionThough there are numerous claims and reports suggesting that the Indian BPO industry is facing a crisis now and is on the verge of losing out to foreign countries like Philippines, China and Brazil, the industry is still going strong as per the latest statistics and financial information’s coming out.The biggest indicator of the positive growth of the industry recently is the announcement made by Hexaware Technologies related to a contract it had acquired from a United States based Multi National Company. The deal is announced to be worth around $177 million which for a BPO standard is pretty big. The contract is for a period of 5 years.
BPO, Outsourcing News From Other Sites
- New media outsourcing to India picks upForeign companies have begun outsourcing new media work such as online reputation management, data mining, influencer identification and crisis management directly to small and mid-sized Indian social networking agencies. This is even as big agencies continue to sub-contract work to smaller agencies in India.Mahesh Murthy, founder of Mumbai-based social media company Pinstorm, prefers not to call it outsourced. He would rather call it “in-sourced” work. His company has had offices abroad for over five years and done marketing work in India for foreign brands all this time. His company is now doing a lot of social media monitoring and responses for global brands, in addition to the search and display advertising that it has been doing so far.
- Global ITeS Secures Funding From Encore, 1886 InvestmentsBangalore-based start-up Globals ITeS Pvt Ltd, which develops technology solutions for the education space, has secured funding from Encore Operating Partners and 1886 Investments Ltd, the investment arm of Commonwealth Education Trust, UK. Global ITes will offload 26 per cent stake to Encore Operating Partners and another 12 per cent to Commonwealth Education Trust for an undisclosed amount, Suhas Gopinath, chairman and CEO of Global ITes, has said.The capital raised from these investors will go towards developing cloud-based products in the education space, such as ERP systems for K-12 educational institutions (it is software-as-a-service-based enterprise system for managing student lifecycle, school administration, staff management, payroll, fees and timetables), online teacher training platforms and low-cost Tablets,” added Gopinath.
- Genpact acquires Nissan’s HR operationsIndia’s largest BPO firm, Genpact, on Monday bagged a seven-year HR outsourcing contract from its existing client Nissan by acquiring its shared services center for human resources in Yokohama, Japan.The acquisition will boost Genpact’s presence in Japan and the center ( Nissan Human Information Service) will be renamed as Genpact Japan Service. The amount paid for acquisition was not disclosed by Genpact.
From Other Sources.