- Indian BPO firm WNS plans to focus on agility to thrive in market
Many Indian firms are focusing on improving their business in the U S and U K near shore market, where they are finding immense opportunities and scope for business. Indian firms are finding entering into near shore market more feasible.
- Freelancer.com reaches $100 million earnings
Freelancer.com has now thousands of satisfied users across the globe and is still counting. The website connects over 20 lakhs employers and freelancers in different places globally to accomplish projects and tasks within no time. It has become a most trusted platform for outsourcing.
- Accenture acquires Zenta; strengthens credit servicing portfolio
Accenture-Global management consultant with more than two lakhs employees unveiled the latest expansion initiative through the acquisition of Zenta. The company yesterday announced the acquisition which will leverage their credit processing service portfolio.
- TCS targets one billion dollars from iON cloud services
Tata Consultancy Service (TCS), the leading service provider in the Information Technology unveiled their cloud service offering, iON on Friday, August 19th 2011 at New Delhi.
- Nurses in BPO sector! – Accenture to hire Nurses in Philippines for care management
The global outsourcing company Accenture announced hiring of nurses in Philippines for delivering services in care management business. As per the authority’s declaration, the company is focusing on improving their business in care management and requires high skilled nurses with enough knowledge in the medical field.
- Infosys is the leader in Finance and Accounting BPO – Gartner Magic Quadrant Report 2011
Global IT and BPO giant, Infosys has one more achievement to its credit. The company has been positioned as a leader in the Magic Quadrant by Gartner for Finance and Accounting (F&A) services. Gartner rated Infosys high on the basis the core baking products offered by the company and the impact products have made in the financial services market.
- Teleperformance expands BPO operations in Jaipur, India
The global outsourcing firm, Teleperformance has announced the opening of their latest center in Jaipur as part of the expansion strategy. This is the fourth center of Teleperformance in the country. It was in 2009 the company underwent a similar expansion and they had an intake of 8000 fresh employees at that time.
- Hitachi plans to outsource TV productionAs per the latest news, Hitachi Ltd announced that the company is planning to shut down its television production in the home country. The company believes that it is better for them to outsource television production given the risky market conditions they are in now.
- Hinduja buys Canadian firm On-Line Support Hinduja Global Solutions (HGS) were in the news earlier in this week with their new logo and expansion strategies. The company has decided to bring all its sub units across the globe under one global identity as part of the expansion of the company.Hinduja Global Solutions has acquired a Canadian firm, On-Line Support Inc. (OLS) for $78.16 million (Rs. 343 Crores). The total work force of Hinduja Global Solutions will increase to 21,000 employees. According to the sources HGS is also planning for some other acquisitions in the long run. The total revenue of the company is expected to be $300 million after this acquisition.
- Genpact reports high profit figures for Q2 2011The firm that ranks as one of the topmost BPO companies in India, Genpact has reported a rise in its operational profits as compared to last fiscal. Estimates by the company reveal that the profits have risen to an extent of over 40 % in the last 3 months. And an interesting thing to note here is that it was 3 months ago that Genpact had acquired an IT Services firm christened Headstrong. The acquisition happened in April of 2011 and the deal was worth USD 550 Million.
- Wipro ranks high in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Finance and Accounting BPOGartner creates Magic quadrants to evaluate the companies on their ability in executing the services using IT. According to Magic quadrants the companies are positioned on the basis of the technology provided. The four categories in which the companies are rated are challenger, leaders, niche players and visionaries. Basically this process is a graphical representation of the research conducted on the service provided by various companies. This could help Gartner’s clients like banks to review the vendors providing different services.
BPO, Outsourcing News From Other Sites
- EXLService In Talks With 6-8 Players For Possible DealsBusiness process outsourcing firm ExlService Holdings Inc. is in talks with six to eight industry players for acquisitions that could total $130 million, its chief executive said on Wednesday.
- Wipro BPO opens rural centreWipro BPO, the business process outsourcing arm of Wipro Technologies, has opened its first rural centre at Manjakkudi village in Tiruvarur district of Tamil Nadu. It has a population of about 2,500. This location had been selected due to the relatively high level of investment in education in the region.
- EXLService In Talks With 6-8 Players For Possible DealsBusiness process outsourcing firm ExlService Holdings Inc. is in talks with six to eight industry players for acquisitions that could total $130 million, its chief executive said on Wednesday. Insurance outsourcing services account for about 54 per cent of revenue for EXL, which competes with BPO rivals Genpact and WNS Holdings in a sector at the heart of India’s recent economic rise.
- BPO jobs to leave India. It will bring gains to Bhutan, Philippines and ChinaThe Indian outsourcing industry is searching out for new clients and new destinations for expanding their business and the base. Although the industry association, NASSCOM, is maintaining the growth projections of 16-18% in terms of IT exports in 2011-12. The industry leader, Genpact, is all set to foray in Bhutan.During the Nasscom BPO Strategy Summit, Pramod Bhasin, vice-chairman Genpact, was quoted by one of the leading newspaper as, “We are all set to open our office in Bhutan and we hope to start the operations soon. Tiger (NV Tyagarajan) and his team are already working on it.”
- Cognizant enjoys continued economic growth on outsourcing demandCognizant Technology Solutions reported on Tuesday growth in revenue and profits for the quarter ended June 30, as demand grows for offshore outsourcing.The Teaneck, N.J., outsourcer has most of its operations in India, including over 75 percent of its staff, and competes with Indian outsourcers like Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys, and Wipro.
- Hinduja Global Solutions unveiling new identityHinduja Global Solutions is one of the leading companies in the BPO sector, incorporated in 1993. The growth of the company was very fast and today the employee strength of the company is 19,500 which were only 25 way back in 1993. Hinduja Global Solutions has made good relationship with their clients spread out in United States, United kingdom, Canada and other countries.
- HSBC to cut down 30,000 jobsEurope’s biggest bank, the Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) is bracing up to shed 30,000 jobs as it pulls back from countries where it is finding tough to get going. It was informed by the bank on Aug 1 after it reported a surprise rise in first-half profit.The bank has also informed that it had cut 5,000 jobs following operational rejig in the US, Latin America, Britain, France and the Middle East.
From Other Sources.