- ThinkSolution announces top nearshore destinations in LAThinkSolutions, a leading company which gives in-depth analysis on the ups and downs in the IT and BPO sector has ranked various nearshore destinations in Latin America according to the performance and contribution made by the companies in these regions towards the overall economy of the IT and BPO sector.
- BPO Triangle strategy initiated in PhilippinesAndrew Tan, Chairman and CEO of Megaworld Corporation have put forward a new plan for the enhancement of Business Process Outsourcing and Information Technology (BPO & IT) sector in Philippines. The BPO triangle strategy initiated is to spread the BPO business into global scenario and also to attract more US based foreign direct investors to the nation.
- Senheiser launches gadgets for BPO’s and Call CentersSenheiser Communications made an announcement on their latest contribution towards the BPO industry.
Now, you might be wondering what can a company that is into manufacturing communication gadgets can contribute towards the billion dollar Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
- Data Protection Act introduced in PhilippinesLaw for data protection has been introduced in the Philippine on Wednesday known as Data Privacy Act, 2011.
It was in the senate session held yesterday; the Senator Edgardo J Angara introduced the details on the latest act for protecting data to restrict data and information fraudulences. The measure is taken by special recommendation of the ICT to enhance the smooth functioning of the Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector in the nation. The session was also addressed by eminent personalities from the Business Process Association of the Philippines (BPAP). Delegates from the Foreign Chamber of Commerce were also present on the day.
- Infosys plans for $750 million acquisition in BPO spaceInfosys looking forward to achieve another milestone; the Indian IT giant Infosys is planning to acquire Thomson Reuters.
- 11,000 BPO Jobs planned in South AfricaSouth Africa, one of the fastest developing nations in the world has today become the favorite destinations for outsourcers. It is in the past two years the country has achieved many milestones particularly in the Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector. Today global companies are finding it more comfortable to continue operations from South Africa. The country was also ranked among the top three suitable destinations for the outsourcers by a research firms recently.
BPO, Outsourcing News From Other Sites
- BPOs dial local numbers as West faces troubleWith their mainstay international markets in shambles, domestic business process outsourcing, or BPO, firms are focusing on servicing clients within India where new opportunities such as from the government are coming up.
- Genpact To Acquire US-Based EmPower ResearchIndia’s largest business process and technology management company Genpact has signed a definitive agreement to acquire US-based media and business research EmPower Research for an undisclosed sum, the company has said in a statement.
- Firstsource plans to sell US-based MedAssistMumbai-based business process outsourcing firm Firstsource plans to sell US-based MedAssist, a health care business it acquired in 2007. Firstsource had paid $330 million for the acquisition.
Two sources close to the development say the MedAssist sale is on the agenda as the management has been thinking of getting cash to invest in other growth activities. Firstsource had raised $275 million by issuing foreign currency convertible bonds (FCCBs) in 2008. When contacted, the company said: “Firstsource does not comment on market rumours.”