- Infosys eyes acquisitions worth $700 millionInfosys, leader in software exports in India, has announced that it is searching for acquisitions worth $700 million. The announcement was made on Thursday, by Kris Gopalakrishnan, Executive Co-Chairman at Infosys. Infosys has been on the search for acquisitions in the health care and life sciences sector. It focuses on firms which have platforms or niches play in these markets.
- Bills introduced to make BPO sector more attractive in PhilippinesBills are underway in the House of Representatives which are intended to make the Business Process Outsourcing industry more attractive for the investors in Philippines. The BPO industry is the largest employment provider in Philippines. The industry has grown by 26 per cent during 2010. A total of 525,000 people are employed in the BPO industry, with an employment growth of 24 per cent.
- Convergys’s Bilingual call center launches in Bogotá
Multinational Business Process Outsourcing Company Convergys’s has launched its contact center in Bogota, Columbia. It inaugurated the center in the presence of Columbian President, Mayor of Bogota and the minister of information technology and communication. Convergy’s has call centers across different time zones such as America’s, Europe, Middle East and Asia. It began its operations in Bogota in the year Jan 2011.Now it is employing about 800 people, up from 400 earlier and it aims to employ 1000 people by the end of the year.
- Sitel recognized for social media platform
Frost and Sullivan awarded Sitel with the prestigious 2011 North American Frost and Sullivan award for competitive strategy innovation. The first reason is that Sitel has been able to give its customers an easy way to communicate and measure how business operations are managed. This is known as Cloud Monitor.Secondly Sitel has been able to assist over 350 customers through social channels. Apart from this Sitel has also created a social media platform, for creating agent-to-customer engagement.
- ADI BPO acquires publishing firm MPS for Rs 38 crore
ADI BPO plans to strengthen their business through acquisition. According to the officials of the company, the New Delhi-based firm is all set to acquire MPS Ltd at a total consideration of Rs. 37.37 crore. ADI BPO will be closing the deal with a contract, according to which the company will be acquiring 10 million equity shares in MPS Ltd.
- Philippines ministry launches free BPO training
Trade Secretary Gregory Domingo declared yesterday that DoST will be launching free training modules for BPO industry. It is through the Information and Communication technology Office the free training are scheduled to be provided by DoST for the employees.
- ADP acquires RPO Company RightThing
One of the biggest global players in HR outsourcing, ADP has decided to acquire The RightThing; North American based Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider which was established way back in 1990. The announcement was made yesterday, 10th October by the top officials of the company.
- Draft IT Policy suggests soaps to investment in rural areas
Union minister for Human Resource and IT and Communication, Mr. Kapil Sibal detailed on Draft IT policy yesterday.The fundamental purpose of the policy is the uplift of the IT sector. According to the ministry, government is planning to bring up stable tax regime and policy changes to attract more investors towards the Information Technology sector. Moreover the policy also suggested that it is required to attract more investors towards smaller cities.
- ADP launches cloud based system for human capital management
ADP one of the most reputed companies which is into human resource outsourcing services has made announcement on unified could-based system to enhance the management of human capital. The announcement on the new system was made by the company authorities yesterday on 3rd October. The system named ADP Vantage HCM(SM) is expected to bring in good returns for the company as it has many advantages. Company authorities also added that the latest introduction made by ADP is considered to be a lifecycle solution for large organizations.
- Philippines BPO industry showcased in UNCTAD Meet
The trade and Development Board of the United Nations Conference in Trade and Development held at Geneva showcased the trends and uplift of BPO industry in the Philippines in the recent years. The country which has been ranked second in the global outsourcing business has achieved many milestones in the recent years and has been considered as a perfect destination for outsourcing works by many global players. This was the 58th secession of UNCTAD meet that was held at Geneva.
BPO, Outsourcing News From Other Sites
- WNS Files For $50M Issue, Warburg Pincus Stake SaleBusiness process outsourcing firm WNS (Holdings) Ltd has filed a shelf registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) which may pave the way for the private equity major Warburg Pincus to exit the firm. The shelf registration, once approved by the US market regulator, will allow Warburg Pincus to sell its 47.9 per cent stake which may fetch around $258 million given the current share price trends. The deal will also allow WNS to raise up to $50 million through sale of ordinary shares/ADSs in a primary offering.