- Infosys to replicate rural BPO model in global destinations tooBangalore based IT giant; Infosys has decided to go global with their Rural BPO strategy. The company which has recently launched BPO unit in Kaup is on the way to launch another one at Bagepally is thinking of implementing the new strategies in the international rural regions as well.
- 6 think tanks of Indian BPO industry announcedSwami Swaminathan, CEO Infosys BPO and Milind Godbole, Asia Pacific President Aditya Birla Minacs are among the six eminent personalities who made it to the Indian BPO industry’s maiden ‘India 6 (I6)’ think tank.
I6 is promoted as the Indian counter part of the admired ‘G6’ think tanks organized by the Shared Services and Outsourcing Network (SSON), a community that contains shared services and outsourcing professionals from across the globe, with 40,000 members.
- CMO Axis among top Sales and Marketing Outsourcing firmsCMO Axis, the most reputed Sales and Marketing Process outsourcing company founded in 2008 in India has been ranked among the top global companies in the SMO segment. The ranking was released on the research publication by Datamonitor titled “2010 Leading Providers of Outsourced Sales and Marketing Services’.
- Maersk Taps HP for $150 million IT Outsourcing contractMaersk line, one of the world’s biggest shipping companies has entered into a contract with Hewlett-Packard Denmark to outsource its infrastructure services. With the agreement worth more than $ 150 million, Maersk plans to outsource its technology infrastructure to HP. This was announced by both the companies.
- Ajuba to set up healthcare BPO unit in IndiaAccording to Tony Mira, chief executive officer, Ajuba Solutions is planning to set up an office in Hyderabad. It is expected that the office will start to function with in 12 to 18 months. The company operates in the health care BPO domain. Ajuba Solutions is an Indian subsidiary of MirMed Global Services Group which is headquartered in the United States. MirMed is worth US dollar 100 million.
- Infosys launches an alternative delivery model for BPOInfosys BPO, a leading business process outsourcing provider in India with clients across the world launched an Alternative delivery Model for offering BPO services. Infosys also inaugurated the shared services operation in partnership with Desicrew in the human resource area.
- Moody buys majority stake in analytics outsourcing firm, Copal PartnersMoody’s Corporation, one among the leading Rating agencies in the United States has decided to buy majority shares of Copal Partners. It was on Monday the declaration came from the senior authorities of Moody’s. According to Moody’s; the company is fully prepared for the agreement and has decided to close the deal with cash in hands. They also made it clear that there is no plan to alter the earnings per share in the year financial year 2011. As far as Copal authorities are concern, they consider this initiative as an achievement for the whole research industry.
- Wipro targets South Africa market consolidationWipro Technologies, one of India’s leading IT service provider is planning to set up a strategic delivery centre in South Africa. This move is expected to create 1000 new job openings within the next 36 months.
- TCS subsidiary wins $2.2 billion outsourcing contractDiligent, Business process outsourcing arm of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), has won a contract by which they will manage 3.2 million policies for Friends Life, a pensions, investments and insurance provider. The contract will come into effect from March 1, 2012 for a period of 15 years. The contract is worth $2.2 billion which is about Rs 10,000 crore.
- Accenture broadens mortgage BPO offerings; completes acquisition of ZentaAccenture announced the completion of acquisition of Zenta, a leading vendor of mortgage processing services for residential and commercial lines in the United States. With this acquisition the employees of Zenta, which amounts to 3700 is now a part of Accenture. Zenta has offices across United States, India and Philippines.
- SPi Global buys Murugappa BPO unitMurugappa Group, a conglomerate based in Chennai is planning to sell its Business process outsourcing unit, Laserwords. Laserwords is a BPO focused on the publishing industry. Sources close to Laserwords said that Philippines based SPi Global is preparing to acquire Laserwords. The deal is expected to be announced next week.