- FortisBC moves from outsourcing to insourcingTrends in the outsourcing industry are gradually changing as many players are giving more emphasis on insourcing rather than outsourcing. The change in trend is being noticed in many sectors such as manufacturing, software and many others.
- HealthEdge and Keane Deliver Innovative healthcare BPO OfferingsHealthEdge, announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership with one of the most reputed company in the United States, Keane. HealthEdge is a provider of enterprise-class software solutions for the healthcare industry. Keane is US based company which is into BPO services and has expertise in servicing healthcare payor community.
- US calls for insourcing of jobsThe US president, Barack Obama urged firms to keep jobs at home. As per the government sources, the president will be calling for a discussion with business leaders in the country to encourage insourcing of jobs.
- Shell outsources HR application management to AccentureShell, the energy giant has announced their decision to outsource some of the HR functions to Accenture. The outsourced activities include SAP based Human Resource and payroll application management. The contract includes employee administration and payroll processing. It also covers self service and environmental health.
- IBM lands up in large outsourcing deal worth $26 billionIn a contract deal worth USD 2.6 billion signed by the Spanish savings bank, la Caixa, IBM has emerged as the lead contractor. The contract is to manage the Information Technology infrastructure for the next 10 years. According to the deal IBM will offer services that will amount to half of the total, while all other third parties will offer the rest.
BPO, Outsourcing News From Other Sites
- Obama’s anti-outsourcing stand is unacceptableIndia’s Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, at his last leg of 2-day state visit to Chicago, candidly commented on US President Barack Obama’s suggestion to cut outsourcing, which has been facilitating India’s job market in a large-scale over the years. Meanwhile, he also cleared India’s stand over Iran controversy.
- Nasscom, state govt tie up for BPO growthSoftware industry The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) on Monday said it has partnered with the Haryana government and educational institutions to work together on increasing the level of local employment in the IT-BPO sector. Nasscom’s regional council (Haryana) held a workshop that delved into career options for the youth in the BPO industry, and skill required for students to be better prepared for successful careers in the industry. Representatives of companies like Cognizant, Fidelity, IBM, Genpact and WNS shared their experiences on cultivating talent.