Online content outsourcing seems to be on a rise for the year 2012. Marketers are largely looking out to outsource content writing jobs to experts in the field realizing the need of quality content to keep the readers engaged. According to a survey conducted by Brandpoint and Content Marketing Institute, marketers who opt to outsource digital content writing and marketing check out for high quality content that will encourage readers to re-visit the site. Brandpoint is a content marketing service provider who helps the client to create and distribute premium brand content online.
The survey was conducted among 389 marketing decision makers and reveals the trend in digital content marketing for the period between February and March 2012.
According to the 2012 Digital Content Marketing Survey report, 10% of the marketers plan to outsource either one or some or all forms of content marketing in the next 12 months. 32 % of the respondents are keen to outsource video contents, while 22% of the respondents plan to outsource images, infographics and online articles. Another 17% of the respondents indicated that they will outsource white papers, blogging and social content.
Key highlights from the report:
- According to the marketers, the best results come from social content, e-newsletter and blogging.
- 99% of marketers have outsourced at least one form of content marketing.
- 32% of marketers plan to outsource video content, 22% plan to outsource articles, 17% images and infographics, another 17% digital white papers and e-books and 12% press release.
- E-mews letters, blogging, mobile contents and advertorials are the forms of contents the marketers plan to outsource in next 12 months.
- According to marketers, professional level writing (49%), custom content (38%) and proven track record (34%) are the top most three attributes they look for when evaluating content service provider.
- Strategic consulting, SEO expertise, culture fit with organization, customer service, reporting capabilities, low cost, long-term partnership and full selection of service are the attributes that marketers look while evaluating service providers.
- Engaging and creative story telling (44%), crafted custom content (39%), professional level writing (34%), well edited copy (31%), copy written SEO (25%), originality (23%), low cost (18%), high volume of content produced quickly (5%) are the most important elements the marketers look for in the content they receive from their outsourcing partners.
- 82% of the marketers give high value for the content written for readers rather than for search engines.
- 80% of the marketers describe their organization’s online content strategy to be engaging and customized and they do not consider paying more to the outsourcing partners for the value addition.
- 7% of marketers describe their organizations online content marketing strategy to be very high volume and of generic content at low prices.
You can view the report by following the link.