The BPO industry in India is on an upward journey ever since its boom began. Once looked upon as a job to while away time and that which required no expertise, BPO jobs in India have now transformed. Young people want to join BPOs, call centers.
The industry requires people who are quick learners and with potential to grow. Apart from good communication skills, BPO jobs do not require many qualifications which is why they are very popular.
There are a number of reasons why people choose jobs in BPOs.
Reasons people choose BPO jobs
- Educational qualifications can be minimal: Educational qualifications do not have great importance in BPO jobs if the person has good communication skills. Sometimes, when there are specialized fields to work on, experience or education in that particular field helps, for example, in technical or medical outsourcing.
- Good salary: BPO industry is known for giving very good remuneration packages. Even the starting salaries in a BPO are high. With experience, increase in the salary-scale is also possible easily.
- Excellent benefits: Many international BPO companies provide free medical insurance for its employees. Sometimes, the free insurance extends to the whole family of the employee too. Transport facilities are also given to employees in most cases.
- Good work environment: Most international call centers provide facilities that are world-class. The management hold parties and get-togethers once in a while. Camping tours are also organized in these BPOs.
- Flexibility in changing jobs: There are great opportunities awaiting experienced people in the industry. They can easily jump to another job in the industry that offer them better position as well as remuneration.
- Job Training: Training is imparted for the new employees that equip them well regarding communication skills. This can be very useful if the employee decides to jump to another career or industry.
- No extra investment: In other industries, in order to upgrade the employees’ skills, they might have to spend money and take courses or certifications. In BPO, experience automatically upgrades employees to become more skilled.
- Flexibility of time: Unlike other jobs, these jobs have the flexibility of time, allowing people to work in shifts. They can choose the shifts they wish to work on.
- Part-time job: Many people take up BPO jobs as a part-time occupation to earn a few extra bucks. Many students opt for BPO jobs to either support their expenses while studying or to earn money during vacation. People in search of other career opportunities choose to work in BPOs until they find the job that suits their needs.
- Lack of other opportunities: Often, when people do not end up with jobs based on their qualifications or when they do not have enough qualifications, they choose BPO jobs.
With the ongoing boom in the outsourcing industry in India, there are a number of opportunities for people in BPO industry.
People find BPO jobs very attractive due to the prospect of decent salary and attractive lifestyle without the need for high qualifications.